Traveling with your sports team can be a fun and memorable experience. With a little planning, you can ensure that everyone
goes home with a smile on their face. If you’re just in the initial planning stages, the best place to begin is by contacting a convention and visitor bureau. They are experts in their local community and can guide you to venues that are just right for your group.
When planning, consider renting a van and organizing group activities such as trips to museums, shopping centers, theme parks and sightseeing at the main attractions throughout the city. If you are a coach or chaperone and traveling with a group, it’s not unusual to have unique concerns and requirements. Here are a few tips to help keep your team safe and together during your travels:
- Book hotels with adjacent rooms or, if that is unavailable at your hotel, try to group the rooms as close together as possible. Most likely, your team won’t cause any trouble, but it will make your life a lot easier considering that coaches and parents will ultimately be held responsible for any bad behavior in the hotel.
- Choose a hotel that offers free breakfast. Not only does it help cut down on the travel expenses, it is extremely convenient for everyone to gather together in the hotel lobby for breakfast each morning. Your team will be able to sleep in a little extra and get a nice breakfast in the morning so players will be in good shape to play their best when game time rolls around.
- Rent a large van to keep the entire team together during your travels. This is a great way to ensure that no one gets lost and everyone makes it to your destination in a timely manner. Plus, this is the perfect opportunity to build camaraderie between teammates. What better way to build friendships than enjoying time on the road and seeing the sights of the city together?
- Book your travel well in advance, especially if you are traveling for a tournament You may think that you have plenty of time to book group travel for your team, but many towns have limited hotel space and, if possible, it is best to book at least 60 days in advance to ensure the highest availability.
Booking your sports team’s travel is very important. Give your players the best opportunity to win by planning ahead and using all of the tools available. By booking in advance, choosing the right hotel and renting a large van, you’re team is well on its way to a trip that will be remembered for years to come.
Student Sports Team Travel
Peak Performance Tours takes all the hassle out of planning trips for your student travel teams. We will work with you and your parents to provide 15 Passenger Van reservations only or a total tour package including hotels, transportation for your student sport’s team group tour. In addition, we would be happy to provide online housing registration for your sports tournament or event. We understand how time consuming it can be to arrange 15 Passenger Vans, Luxury Vans, Sprinter Vans and 15 Passenger Vans with Drivers and hotels, so we take care of all the work so you can lead your team to victory.
New York High School, College, League, and Professional Sports
- Adirondack Icehawks (UHL) - Glens Falls
- Adirondack Lumberjacks (NEBL) - Glens Falls
- Albany River Rats (AHL) - Albany
- Auburn Doubledays (A) - Auburn
- Batavia Muck Dogs (A) - Batavia
- Binghamton Mets (AA) - Binghamton
- Buffalo Bisons (IL) - Buffalo
- Buffalo Blizzard (NPSL) - Buffalo
- Elmira Pioneers (NLB) - Elmira
- Hudson Valley Renegades (A) - Fishkill
- Long Island Ducks (ALPBC) - Long Island
- Long Island Rough Riders (USL) - Long Island
- Rochester Americans (AHL) - Rochester
- Rochester Red Wings (IL) - Rochester
- Rochester Rhinos (USL) - Rochester
- Syracuse Crunch (AHL) - Syracuse
- Syracuse SkyChiefs (IL) - Syracuse
- Buffalo Bills (NFL) - Buffalo
- Buffalo Destroyers (AFL) - Buffalo
- Buffalo Sabres (NHL) - Buffalo
- MetroStars (MLS)
- New York Dragons (AFL) - Long Island
- New York Giants (NFL) - New York City
- New York Islanders (NHL) - New York City
- New York Jets (NFL) - New York City
- New York Knicks (NBA) - New York City
- New York Liberty (WNBA) - New York City
- New York Mets (MLB) - New York City
- New York Rangers (NHL) - New York City
- New York Yankees (MLB) - New York City
Stadiums - Arenas
- Blue Cross Arena - Rochester
- Madison Square Garden - New York City
- HSBC Arena - Buffalo
- Nassau Coliseum - Long Island
- Pepsi Arena - Albany